Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Raising Hope


My Say

I didn't think I would like this series at first when someone told me about it. However, once I began watching it I just couldn't stop. Idk, I just love the Chance family. They are so cute and funny and maybe a bit weird. Okay, a lot weird but are also, in so many ways, lovely. I like Virginia Chance (played Martha Plimpton) the most among the characters but like The Big Bang Theory, I find the whole cast amazing.

The Plot

The show centers on the Chance family and how their life changed after the son knocked up a serial killer and they had to take care of the baby after she was electrocuted. The previous sentence may seem a bit cheesy and actually most episodes (if not all) have one or a couple of life lessons behind them but that doesn't change the fact that this is one awesome and funny show. Of course, like all other TV shows, the main character (the son) has a love line which in this case is in the form of a really short and sarcastic shopping mart cashier.

The Characters

Like I said earlier, my favorite character in this show is the motherVirginia. Her humor and all those facial expressions of hers are just plain amusing. Next to her would be the father, Burt. I like how he's kind of stupid and very clingy to his family. The stupidity goes for the whole family, I guess? Well, not really because Maw Maw and Hope are actually smart. :p But Burt's character is just so naive and his mind is too simple that you just can’t love him. Virginia and Burt really have got to be the best married couple there is. ^^ (Yeah, I’m a fan of this couple more than anything else. /shot) As for the baby, Hope, I find her cute as well as the kid that plays young Jimmy. I also like Maw Maw just not when she gets naked and everything and eats weird stuff. :p I'm fine with Jimmy and Sabrina though they kinda annoy me sometimes thus they’re at the bottom of my list. XD


No comments:

Post a Comment