Friday, November 2, 2012

The Big Bang Theory


My Say

The Big Bang Theory is I guess by far my most favorite sitcom. I don't know anymore how many times I've re-watched the whole series but the characters still don't fail to make me laugh every time. Sheldon Cooper (played by Jim Parsons) is easily my favorite character in the show. Even though I agree with my brother about the fact that interacting with someone like Sheldon in real life would be a real pain in the ass. XD

The Plot

Well, basically there are four geeky guys who usually hang out together in the apartment shared by two from the group. One day a hot girl moves in across the hall and one of those two guys fall for her in an instant and so he tries everything to make her like him back but of course it isn't that easy when you're a nerd and short and on top of that has a crazy, obnoxious roommate who can never get sarcasm and two other equally nerdy friends, one of which who can't stop hitting on women with ridiculous pickup lines while the other can't speak whenever a lady is in the room.

The Characters

For me, all the characters in this series are awesome. I like Shelly a lot more than the rest of the gang but they are all really good and funny. I kinda hate Leonard (played by Johnny Galecki) sometimes when he's being all pretentious and whatnot and Howard (played by Simon Helberg) when he's getting too creepy but those are part of their characters and also make the show funnier, I guess? So still, it's all cool. That said, next to Shelly my next favorite characters are Rajesh (played by Kunal Nayyar) and Penny (played by Kaley Cuoco). I just find Rajesh really funny with all the Indian and gay jokes played around his character throughout the series. And well, of course, the not being able to speak to women issue. I like Penny particularly when she's dealing with Sheldon but really, I kinda find the fact that she's getting alarmingly wider every season a bit bothering. I mean, well, idk how to rephrase that so I'll just leave it at that. :p I still like her of course. As for Bernadette (played Melissa Rauch) and Amy (played by Mayim Bialik), uhm, I like Bernadette and kinda dislike Amy for not treating her well but at the same time I also find that side of their characters funny. I find Bernadette cute and Amy weird but in terms of who makes me laugh more I think it would be Amy. Her huge affection for Shelly is really hilarious after all. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment